Growing up, I didn’t travel too much. I’ve been to 10 states/territories in the U.S. (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and D.C.) and a total of two countries (the U.S. and Australia). I’m grateful for the traveling opportunities I’ve had, but I’m eager to go on even more adventures. Now that I’m in my 20s, I’m planning on traveling a lot more. I decided to create this travel bucket list so I can make my way around the world and see all sorts of different places. Now, all I need to do is save up and book some flights!
I plan on eventually visiting each location on my list. I’m definitely more of a city person than an outdoorsy person, and as a Floridian, I dislike the cold. My list might reflect this.
Here are 30 trips that I hope to take before I turn 30:
When I visited Australia, I never got to see the western end. So, that means I have to go back!
Things to do in Perth:
- Walk along the Swan River
- See the Bell Tower (one of Perth’s unique tourist attractions)
- Visit Cottesloe Beach
- See Marmion Marine Park
- Watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean
- See the Carnarvon blowholes
- Swim with whale sharks
Melbourne was my favorite city that I visited in Australia. I definitely want to go back at least once!
Things to do in Melbourne:
- Visit the Eureka Skydeck
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Shop at Queen Victoria Market
- Get some awesome gelato at Gelato Messina
- Watch penguins at St. Kilda Beach
- Check out some street art
Auckland, New Zealand
I didn’t get to see New Zealand when I was down under, so I’m planning on checking it out the next time I’m on that side of the world!
Things do to in Auckland:
- Eat, drink, and shop at La Cigale
- Travel to Piha Beach and Lion Rock
- Hike the Waitakere Ranges Regional Park
- Jump off the Sky Tower via SkyJump
- Visit the North Wharf
Thailand is a place I hope to travel to soon. The main expense for my trip would be the flight, but I’ve heard that everything else is relatively inexpensive. Since traveling can get pricey very quickly, I figured Thailand would be a good trip to take in the next few years while I’m still on a budget.
Things to do in Bangkok:
- See some temples!
- Shop at Siam Square
- Experience the Skytrain
- Visit Lumpini Park
- Get drinks at the Sky Bar
- Take a bike tour around the city or through the Green Lung
There are so many amazing things to do in Paris! I’ve never been to Europe. Paris is high up on my list of places to visit while I’m in Europe.
Things to do in Paris:
- See the Eiffel Tower
- See the Louvre
- Visit the Notre-Dame de Paris
- Visit the Musée d’Orsay
- See the Sainte-Chapelle
- Shop at the Galleries Lafayette
- Visit the Palace of Versailles
- Enjoy French cuisine!
- Too many to list- when I visit Paris, I’ll write a travel guide.
Another destination that’s high up on my Europe bucket list.
Things to do in London:
- Visit Buckingham Palace
- Watch a West End musical
- Check out the markets
- Take a tour of the Royal Opera House
- Visit the Harry Potter Studios
- Visit the British Museum
- Ride a double decker bus
- Visit Covent Garden
- Visit Abbey Road
- Once again, too many to list.
An iconic island in the Mediterranean Sea!
Things to do in Ibiza:
- Go to a hippie market
- Visit the Old City
- Check out the smaller islands and coves
- Enjoy the beach
- Visit the beach bars
- Watch the sunset!
- Go to Pacha (a famous club in the area)
A city with lots of history.
Things to do in Budapest:
- Check into the Aria Hotel Budapest (voted the #1 hotel in the world by TripAdvisor)
- See the Hungarian Parliament building
- Walk across the Chain Bridge
- Visit Buda Castle (the Royal Palace)
- Visit the Holocaust Memorial Center
- Stroll along the Danube River
- Visit the Hungarian National Museum
So many treasures await in Florence, including history, art, and incredible pizza!
Things to do in Florence:
- Visit the Palazzo Strozzi Museum
- Walk along the Arno River
- Eat pizza and gelato!
- Visit Santa Maria Novella
- Visit the Palatine Gallery
- Go to the Boboli Gardens
- Visit the Bargello National Museum and experience art by Renaissance sculptors Michelangelo and Donatello
The place for breathtaking architecture, beautiful views, and amazing sunsets!
Things to do in Santorini:
- Watch the sunset
- Take a boat tour
- Shop at the local stores and markets
- Party in Fira
- Eat some amazing food!
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Home to the Anne Frank Museum and lots of Dutch culture, Amsterdam is another destination that is high up on my Europe bucket list.
Things to do in Amsterdam:
- See Dam Square
- Visit the Anne Frank Museum
- Cruise on the canals
- See the Vondelpark
- Visit a windmill
Berlin is a must-see destination on any European tour!
Things to do in Berlin:
- Visit Brandenburg Gate
- Walk along the East Side Gallery
- Visit museums on Museum Island
- Go shopping
- Discover Berlin’s nightlife
- Visit the Holocaust Museum
- Bargain at a flea market
The capital of the Incas!
Things to do in Cusco:
- Take a day trip to Machu Picchu
- Visit the Plaza de Armas
- See the Cathedral of Santo Domingo
- See the Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus
- Visit Sacsayhuamán, the ancient military fortress of the Inca
- Shop at the San Pedro market
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Home to the 2016 Olympics and beautiful beaches, Rio will be on my list of destinations to visit in South America.
Things to do in Rio de Janerio:
- Visit Christ the Redeemer
- Go to Copacabana Beach
- Watch the sunset on Sugarloaf Mountain
- Take a tour of the local communities
- Visit the Lapa Steps
- Take a scenic helicopter ride
New York City, NY
As a United States citizen, I feel like I must see New York City. With 8.6 million people, it’s the most populous city in the United States.
Things to do in NYC:
- Tour the Empire State Building
- Visit the many museums in the area
- Visit the 9/11 memorial
- See the Statue of Liberty
- Visit Times Square
- Visit Chinatown
- See a broadway musical
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles is another city in the United States I need to visit.
Things to do in Los Angeles:
- Visit Griffith Park
- Go hiking
- See the Hollywood sign
- Go to the beach
- Drive up the coast
Las Vegas, NV
The city of life.
Things to do in Las Vegas:
- Enjoy the legacy of Elvis at the Westgate
- Enjoy the Vegas view at Ghostbar
- Drive around the Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Party at OMNIA
- Visit the world’s most famous pawn shop
- Get married (I’m half joking)
The Grand Canyon
Everyone should try to see this geological wonder before they die.
Things to do at the Grand Canyon:
- Take photographs!
- Walk the South Rim Trail
- Watch the sunset
- Enjoy the wildlife
Another one of North America’s natural wonders.
Things to do at Niagara Falls:
- Visit the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve
- Enjoy a walk through the Niagara Botanical Gardens
- See the Falls for free at Queen Victoria Park
- Visit Hyde Park, the largest city park in New York
- Visit the Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is full of exciting and interesting things to do. A wonderful vacation spot!
Things to do in Dubai:
- Visit the Dubai Fountain, the world’s largest fountain
- Visit the Dubai Mall, the biggest shopping mall in the Middle East
- Go to the beach!
- Visit the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary
- See the Dubai Miracle Garden
I’d love to visit the capital of Japan and experience the rich culture of Tokyo.
Things to do in Tokyo:
- Visit a Buddhist temple
- Take a ride up to Tokyo Tower
- Jog around the Imperial Palace
- Visit the Tokyo National Museum
- Go to a hanami party
- View Tokyo’s beautiful gardens and parks
- Go shopping in Ginza
With scenic views and beautiful beaches, Hawaii would be an excellent vacation spot.
Things to do in Honolulu:
- Hike Diamond Head Crater
- Visit Iolani palace
- Visit Lanikai Beach
- Enjoy Hawaiian cuisine
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial
- Visit the US Army Museum of Hawaii
I would love to go on a cruise to the Bahamas sometime soon!
Things to do in the Bahamas:
- Visit the Atlantis Bahamas Resort
- Take a trip to Blue Lagoon Island
- Book a City Island Tour
- Enjoy the beach!
- Explore Ardastra Gardens and Zoo
Fiji is a place full of adventures and life changing experiences. It’s a beautiful destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that is perfect for travelers who want to escape from their day-to-day lives.
Things to do in Fiji:
- Go surfing, paddle boarding, or canoeing
- Go for a swim in some of the local waterfalls
- Go scuba diving in the Pacific
- Go zip lining through the forest
A trip to the Cayman Islands would be another amazing tropical excursion.
Things to do in the Cayman Islands:
- Go exploring in the Crystal Caves
- Watch the sunset
- Visit the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands
- Stroll along the Seven Mile Beach
- See the blow holes in East End
- Stop by the Fish Market in George Town
- Swim with turtles!
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Bora Bora is my dream honeymoon destination!
Things to do in Bora Bora:
- Go for a hike in the mountains and valleys
- Snorkel in crystal clear water
- Swim with reef sharks and stingrays
- Go on a jet ski tour
- Visit the Lagoonarium
- Go on a Jeep tour
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town is the second most populoous urban area in South Africa. It is full of culture and unique things to do.
Things to do in Cape Town:
- Experience the V&A Waterfront
- Go on a sunset cruise
- Visit Robben Island
- See the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Go whale watching
- Go on a safari
I’ve never been to Canada, so it’s only natural to want to see what my neighbors are up to!
Things to do in Montreal:
- Walk on Saint-Paul Street
- Visit one of the markets
- Visit Basilique Notre-Dame
- Browse the boutiques of the Mile End
- Visit the biodome
- Visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Known for its rich culture and vast green spaces, Brussels would be an awesome place to check out while touring Europe.
Things to do in Brussels:
- Go on a walking tour
- View some incredible comic murals
- Drink beer!
- Visit the Grand Place
- Visit the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula
- See the European Parliament
Things to do in Singapore:
- Visit some World Class Zoos
- Go to Universal Studios
- See the famous Merlion
- Ride the Singapore Flyer
- Go on a river cruise
- Explore the botanic gardens
- Walk up Emerald Hill
- Visit East Coast Park
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to pin it and subscribe to me for more. Where is your dream vacation destination?