This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #CareWithKeratin #sponsored
Fall is in the air! I love experimenting with my personal style. I express myself through my clothing, makeup, and even hair color. This month, I decided to change my hair color because I wanted to try something different. I’m naturally brunette, but I wanted to experiment with a lighter hair color.
Keep reading to join me on my hair coloring journey.
About Schwarzkopf Keratin Color
Schwarzkopf Keratin Color cares for your hair. The unique formulas in the Keratin Color products help to prevent breakage and work to achieve intense color. Because the dye is permanent, you won’t have to worry about it fading as much as semi-permanent dye would. Schwarzkopf Keratin Color provides long-lasting and even coverage that leaves hair soft and shiny after using it.
The Schwarzkopf Keratin Color kit comes with a few different items: a pre-treatment, the color with keratin complex, a post-treatment conditioner, instructions, and gloves. You have everything you need to effectively color your hair at home!
The shade I used to color my hair is 8.0 Silky Blonde. I chose it because I thought the color was really flattering, and I knew I wanted to keep some dimension in my hair. I purchased my Schwarzkopf Keratin Color at Walmart. It was in the “Hair Color” subsection of the beauty section in the store.
I respect brands that make the world a better place. Schwarzkopf Keratin Color is a proud sponsor of Dress for Success® Worldwide. Dress for Success helps women seeking upward mobility to both look and feel their best. By providing them with updated hair and clothing options, Dress for Success helps women achieve financial independence. So far, Dress for Success has helped over a million women globally by providing them with education, mentoring, and the tools they need to follow their dreams. I love that Schwarzkopf Keratin Color strives to empower women by sponsoring Dress for Success.
How it works
Here are step-by-step instructions on how I colored my hair at home using Schwarzkopf Keratin Color:
- Before using any dye, I applied the provided pre-treatment to the ends of my hair. The pre-treatment helped to ensure an even color result when the dye was applied. The pre-treatment was easy to use, and I think it worked really well because the hair color turned out even.
- Next, I put on gloves to protect my hands.
- Following the instructions on the box, I combined the hair dye with the keratin complex to prepare the color.
- Before applying the color, I conducted a patch test to ensure that I wouldn’t have a negative reaction to the Keratin Color products.
- I applied the color to my hair, making sure to saturate it with the product evenly.
- I put my hair up and let the color sit in my hair for 30 minutes.
- After the color developed, I rinsed out the dye with warm water and applied the post-treatment conditioner provided in the Keratin Color kit.
- I let my hair air dry overnight, and I showed off my new hair color the next day!
Here is what my hair looked like before coloring it with Schwarzkopf Keratin Color.
Here is the finished result! I’m so happy with how it turned out.
Try any Schwarzkopf product for free today with this rebate!
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed this post, be sure to pin it and enter your email in the box below to subscribe to me.