Hi everyone! Today is super exciting because it is my one-year blogiversary. Style of Change is officially ONE YEAR old!
First, I’d like to thank all of you for your support. It means the world to me. Blogging is my passion, and I couldn’t turn my dreams into reality without all my supportive readers and subscribers.
To celebrate Style of Change’s blogiversary, I’ll do a quick recap of everything I have accomplished as a blogger in the last year:
Total annual page views: 290,768
Total annual earnings: $8,289.00
Email subscribers: +2,671
Facebook fans: +1,205
Instagram followers: +2,823
Twitter followers: +550
Pinterest followers: +2,791
Bloglovin’ followers: +65
Tumblr followers: +15 (I just launched my Tumblr the other day!)
YouTube subscribers: +425
Overall, I’m very happy with my accomplishments as a first-year blogger. I have learned so much, and I look forward to even more growth in the coming years!
Finding success as a blogger is largely a trial-and-error process. Although I was successful in 2017, I definitely made a lot of mistakes along the way.
Below are 10 tips I have for new bloggers, based on the mistakes I made when I was starting out:
- Focus on creating great content first before trying to monetize.
- If possible, always use original photos instead of stock photos.
- Learn the ins and outs of each social media platform so you can utilize the best strategies for sharing your content.
- Make Pinterest a central part of your social media strategy.
- Form relationships with other bloggers. They are your community, not your competition.
- Pay attention to your analytics, especially audience demographic information.
- Write for your audience, but also for yourself.
- Ask your readers to share on social media and subscribe at the end of every post!
- Make blogging a priority in your life. Excuses will only hold you back!
- Don’t get discouraged! If at first you fail, try, try again.
Thanks again! If you found this post helpful, please pin it and enter your email in the box below to subscribe to me.